How to Join PBA
Become a member of the Philadelphia Baptist Association where you can serve in exciting mission and ministry!
We welcome into PBA membership congregations that are willing to:
- Celebrate the American Baptist Churches (ABC) missions and identity;
- Regularly emphasize the community, national and international missions and ministries of PBA and ABC during worship services;
- Involve youth and young adults in mission projects;
- Volunteer time and resources to assist PBA ministries;
- Support ABC offerings;
- Support PBA offerings; and
- Read and respond to communications from PBA
Full benefits of PBA membership include:
- Fellowship with congregations committed to missions and ministries locally, nationally, and internationally;
- A range of PBA congregational resources;
- A support network for pastors and missionaries;
- Ordination of clergy; and
- Eligibility for health care and retirement benefits for clergy and staff through the Ministers and Missionary Benefits Board.
The first step toward membership to the PBA is to download the Regional_Membership_Procedures_&_Church_Application. Once filled out, mail the forms to the PBA where they will be carefully reviewed by the Executive Minister and The Commission on the Ministry. Congregations in good standing that have completed the written application process will be invited to an interview with the Executive Minister and The Commission on the Ministry.
For additional information contact the PBA.